Find out whether you could be a good candidate for Invisalign treatment.
Want a straighter smile but don’t want people noticing your braces? This is an issue for many teens and adults who want to fix crooked, misaligned teeth but aren’t thrilled by the idea of wearing metal braces. That’s why our Newburgh, NY, dentist Dr. Richard Rios is happy to offer Invisalign treatment for his teen and adult patients who are looking to get beautifully straight smiles.
Here are the issues that Invisalign can fix:
- Slightly crooked teeth
- Overbites: when the upper teeth rest in front of the bottom teeth
- Underbite: when the lower teeth rest in front of the top teeth
- Crossbite: when the upper and lower teeth don’t properly align when biting
- Open bite: when upper and lower teeth do not touch when biting down
- Crowding: when teeth overlap because there isn’t enough room in your mouth
What can’t Invisalign treat?
While Invisalign technology is constantly changing and advancing. even this treatment has its limitations. After all, Invisalign moves and shifts teeth around differently than traditional braces. Therefore, there are certain cases in which Invisalign won’t provide you with as effective results as braces:
- Gaps between teeth: While very small gaps may be closed through Invisalign treatment, most of the time our Newburgh, NY, dentist will recommend traditional braces because they are better at being able to close larger gaps between teeth. Invisalign can only close up to 6mm of space between teeth, which isn’t much.
- Protruding teeth: Traditional braces also have the ability to shift teeth lower or higher in order to make all teeth the same height. Protruding teeth stick out, which will make it challenging to wear aligners over these teeth. Traditional braces will have a better handle at tackling these issues.
- The shape of your teeth: Even the overall shape of your teeth can help our dentist determine whether Invisalign is right for you. Short, rounded teeth may make it more challenging for aligners to grip teeth properly to move them around.
Do you have questions about getting Invisalign treatment in Newburgh, NY? If you are ready to find out whether Invisalign is right for you call Middle Hope Family Dental today to schedule a consultation.