If you have crooked teeth, this is more than a cosmetic issue. Misaligned teeth are difficult to clean, susceptible to gum disease, and increase the risk of injury. Fortunately, if you want to straighten your teeth, Invisalign in Newburgh, NY / Marlboro, NY can help. At Middle Hope Family Dental, Dr. Ricardo Rios can align your smile without using traditional braces. Not convinced? Keep scrolling to understand how Invisalign can benefit your smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign, also known as clear or adult braces, uses a set of clear trays to align your teeth. After taking digital impressions of your teeth, Dr. Rios sends the images to a dental lab to fashion your trays. The trays are custom-made and removable to fit over your teeth perfectly.
When your clear aligners are ready, you will need to replace your trays every two weeks. The newer set shifts your teeth one step closer to proper alignment.
How does Invisalign straighten teeth?
Aligners push your teeth gently into proper alignment, much like conventional braces. For optimal results, you need to wear your aligners for at least 22 hours a day. Only remove your aligners when eating or cleaning them. The treatment lasts for about 9 to 18 months, but most patients start experiencing a positive outcome after a few weeks.
At first, wearing your aligners may feel a bit comfortable, but don’t worry. This is entirely normal, and it’s a sign that your braces are working.
Benefits of Invisalign treatment
Are you considering Invisalign in Newburgh, NY / Marlboro, NY? You are on the right track. Clear braces put your teeth into the proper position and correct issues like gapped teeth and bite issues like open bites, crossbites, underbites, and overbites. Other benefits of Invisalign include:
- Discreet: Aligners are made from a relatively translucent material, meaning that people won’t notice you are straightening your teeth.
- Comfortable: Clear braces are custom-made with comfortable plastic that doesn’t irritate your gums.
- Convenient: Because adult braces are removable, you can remove them when brushing your teeth. Also, you can enjoy your favorite foods without worrying about food getting stuck between your teeth.
- Effective: When used correctly, Invisalign is more effective than other orthodontic treatments.
- Fewer office visits: Unlike traditional braces that need constant tightening of wires by a dentist, with Invisalign, you don’t have to go to a dentist now and then. You receive a couple of aligners to cover the current phase and several other phases.
Want to straighten your teeth with Invisalign in Newburgh, NY / Marlboro, NY? Please dial (845) 565-4150 to book an appointment with Middle Hope Family Dental. Dr. Rios provides Invisalign treatment to straighten your teeth comfortably and discreetly.